Sunday, November 23, 2014

update on after the october marathon

So after the October baystate marathon I decided to take some days off and then run on the weekend with my running buddies.  I ran Saturday and Sunday but still felt my legs shaken up a bit so I took another week off.  My legs felt great and after that I have been trying to keep steady.  This week I took 3 days off due to having a cold but last weekend I was able to get some good mileage 16 on saturday at a 7:40 pace and 12 on Sunday around 8 pace.  This weekend I ran Thursday and Friday 6 miles each and then 12 both Saturday and Sunday.
Two weekends ago I did run a 17;15  at the Bryan Adams 5k which wasn't bad for not doing much speed work and taking 2 weeks off the marathon.  I did get a bike tune up certificate from the race which is pretty cool, since I can definitely take my bike in.
Next up will be the Turkey Trot and the Dallas relay.
I will recommend an article that resonated with me.  It was about doing most of your runs at a comfortable talking pace.  I would say 80% of your runs should be at this pace if you want to have continuous results and in general enjoyment in your running.
http://running.competitor.com/2014/06/training/train-slower-race-faster_52242

No comments:

Post a Comment